Above and Beyond
With a healthy, positive safety culture since 1980, CHI is continually striving to improve both safety and performance. CHI Aviation has developed an integrated and comprehensive Safety Management System (SMS) for its entire organization.
- Identifies, analyzes, and minimizes risks that could contribute to accidents, incidents, or injury to persons.
- Provides both safety and quality management covering the complete scope and life cycle of all systems and operational processes.
- Manages safety and quality issues which are tracked and reported for purposes of trend analysis and continuous improvement.
- Integrates all components of the safety program.
- Tracks audits which are recorded on the SMS web base system.
- CHI Aviation uses a web base system for reporting hazards, audits, safety training and documentation called PRISM.
PRISM is an advanced, web-based software tool that offers the ability to set-up, manage, monitor, and interact with our SMS.
- Employees can gain access any time from anywhere in the world via an internet connection with a laptop or iPad.
- PRISM is fully IS-BAO compliant and is an FAA recognized Certification Consultant.
CHI Aviation continually supports a positive safety culture among all managers and personnel.
- Employees and managers can identify and report safety issues, including unintentional errors, without fear of reprisal.
Safety and Quality Policy
This Policy and its instructions for all CHI Aviation employees assert we shall be committed to providing service excellence through exceptional operational and maintenance practices and to fulfill CHI Aviation’s Safety Objectives. CHI Aviation recognizes that an effective Safety Management System (SMS) is vital to the success and longevity of the Company.
Our core competitive principles and objectives are:
- Safeguard the Health and Safety of all employees and those related with our activities.
- Strengthen our business by making Safety and Quality an integral part of all activities.
- Deliver Quality services.
- Seek minimal harm to the environment.
- Continually seek improvement of the level of safety in our ground, maintenance, flight and support activities. Therefore CHI Aviation is committed to implementing and maintaining a fully functional SMS.
- CHI Aviation is dedicated to our established confidential employee reporting system which allows all employees to report all hazards, accidents, incidents, and safety issues without fear of reprisal.
- Promote a “Just Culture” atmosphere that encourages the reporting of errors and hazards. Activities involving intentional disregard for FAA regulations, company policies and procedures, illegal activities, and/or drugs or alcohol may be subject to disciplinary action.
- Employees have the authority and responsibility to stop work when a hazardous situation is observed, and have the responsibility to perform their duties and activities in the safest practical manner.
To undertake the Policy, the Company’s integrated safety and quality management system will comply with and whenever possible exceed all applicable government regulatory requirements, and the best industry practice for Safety Management Systems. CHI Aviation will commit the necessary resources for implementation of the SMS Program. As a component of the SMS, CHI Aviation has committed to establishing, maintaining, and periodically exercisin9 an emergency response procedure and plan that provides for the safe transition from normal to emergency operations. This safety and quality policy will be periodically reviewed by the Company President to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate to the company. CHI Aviation will convey this expectation to all employees through the PRISM and Cirro intranet sites, and any other means, to ensure all employees are aware of and willy comply with the company’s SMS, their duties and responsibilities, and our safety policy.